MTN PRO Zinc 99% is a zinc-rich primer that protects metals from aggressive corrosion. It’s a tool designed for professional use, with particular technical features. In this article, you can learn all about the properties of this zinc spray and instructions for its use as well as possible applications.
WHAT IS THE PRIMER RICH IN ZINC FOR?
The Zinc 99% product is popularly known as Zinc Rich Primer, although it can be used as a final finish paint. The tool is mainly used for the following applications:
- It’s a high-quality anticorrosive primer for metal surfaces. Can be recoated with almost all types of paints.
- It can be used for repair and finishing, improving the appearance of metal surfaces.
- You can paint cracks and welded joints and can even be applied as a layer between them.
WHAT IS CATHODIC PROTECTION?
Cathodic protection is the method of protecting metals consisting of covering or connecting the desired metal with another that corrodes more easily. In this way, the added metal acts as a martyr anode, absorbing corrosion and protecting the object. As you can deduce, the metal that is most commonly used for this technique is zinc.
THE SPECIFIC PROPERTIES OF ZINC SPRAY COMPARED TO OTHER ANTI-RUST PRODUCTS
Why choose this spray instead of others with similar properties? Simply because the protection of this zinc primer is much more effective and long-lasting thanks to these characteristics:
- Barrier protection. Products such as the MTN PRO Anti (which contains zinc phosphate) act as a protector by preventing the metal from coming into contact with oxygen, which the 99% Zinc spray paint also does
- Cathodic protection. As we’ve explained, the zinc primer spray also offers chemical protection, absorbing corrosion that would otherwise affect the metal object
- Metallic properties. As it’s a product with a metallic composition, it conserves the properties of the metal like conductivity. You can also weld the object once painted
- Thermal resistance. This product offers greater resistance to high temperatures.
The characteristics of this product are the result of its expensive production, which is reflected in its price. The type of anti-rust primer you choose will depend on your needs and the budget you have.
HOW DO YOU USE THE ZINC PRIMER?
Just like when you use most aerosol paints before use makes sure you shake the can well for at least one minute after hearing the noise of the mixing ball.
You must clean and dry the surface you want to paint before applying the product. If it’s rusty, remove the corrosion with a wire brush.
For the best results, apply several thin coats, allowing 10 minutes to dry between each coat.
Shake the can before each application.
Once you’ve finished, invert the can and spray it upside-down to clean out the cap and prevent it from clogging. If the cap becomes clogged, you just have to change it for a new one next time you use it.
Don’t apply the paint to equipment connected to the mains and use it in well-ventilated areas.
Remember that all MTN sprays are recyclable, so once it’s used up, dispose of it in the right container.
USES OF ZINC SPRAY PAINT
MTN PRO Zinc 99% serves both as a base coat (primer) and as a finishing coat (zinc gray paint), protecting ferrous surfaces against rust in all types of environments. We recommend it for structural steel, welding joints, metal storage tanks, industrial vehicles, coastal installations, metal fencing and machinery in general.