Xylene can thin specified oil-based paint, lacquer, varnish, epoxy, adhesives and synthetic enamels when a slower rate of evaporation is desired.
Xylene is widely considered one of the most reliable industrial chemicals, with a wide range of applications. Common xylene thinners are just the beginning. A few frequent applications include:
- Industrial cleaning. Xylene is ideal for heavy-duty cleaning applications. Its slow evaporation rate makes xylene a superior solvent for specific cleaning and degreasing applications. It effectively cleans oil-based paint, varnish, or polyurethane application tools; lacquer and epoxy application tools; new wood before finishing and oil coatings before refinishing. Xylene can be used for degreasing bare metal and painted metal parts.
- Petroleum production. Xylene solvent is frequently used for blending into petroleum and gasoline.
- Labs. In laboratories, xylene solution is commonly used in chemical reactions or functionally to remove paraffin from microscope slides. Additionally, it can be used to make baths with dry ice.
- Chemistry. In addition to petroleum, xylene is effective when blended for the printing industry and pharmaceuticals. It is also found in perfumes and pesticides.
- Concrete sealing. Xylene is commonly used for concrete sealing applications. When used in solvent-based acrylic sealers, the solution can be used in concert with re-melting an existing surface, after which the xylene evaporates and leaves a smooth, shiny surface. This is an effective method for treating scratches or for new decorative purposes.
- Thinning. Xylol paint thinner can be used for oil-based paints or stains, lacquers, polyurethanes, epoxies, oil finishes, enamels, varnishes, and alkyd resins — but only when the coating manufacturer recommends it as an approved thinner.
- Removing paint. It’s for more than thinning, as well. Xylene thinner is frequently used for removing paint. When handled safely and in a well-ventilated area, xylene can be a very effective paint remover.
Degreasing. For metal and concrete surfaces, degreasing can be incredibly challenging. The nature of xylene is such that degreasing can be done safely and effectively.
Are other sizes available?
If you’re interested in getting a different size from what is listed, please be get in touch.
How is freight and delivery managed?
Currently, Rexall Offers prepaid shipping:
- Eastern Canada, Orders over $2000.00
- Western Canada, Order over $4000.00
- Small orders, please contact our office for rates.
Is private labelling available?
Rexall offers a private label program for all of our products. Our marketing team will work with you to design your labels and packaging. Please get in touch with us to discuss how Rexall can support your needs.